Santorini Travel Diaries - 30 Facts You Didn't Know About the Lady in Red
There's no better way to say farewell to Santorini than in a fiery red dress. Thursday was our last day in Santorini; we had a 12pm flight to Athens where we’d be spending the remainder of the day and catching a flight back to New York the following day. I brought so many clothes on my trip that I didn’t get a chance to wear this dress anywhere but I just had to shoot in it. I took some time early in the morning before our departure to take a few pics by our hotel. Since clocking in my thirtieth birthday in Santorini, I wanted to take some time to let you guys know 30 facts you may not know about me. If I had to do this by myself, I would have only come up with 3 facts, so I enlisted the help of my sister, my best friend and my husband to come up with the remainder of the list.
1. I'm a May baby (team Taurus - we are very nice and very stubborn). 2. I come from a big family, I know some of you think I'm an only child but umm yeah, I have four brothers and one little sister.3. I loveee tea – I could literally survive on tea alone. 4. I hate cats - I'm terrified of them and I've asked God over and over again why he made them...no answer yet.5. I don’t blog for a living, I work like most of you - 8:30am-5:30pm to be exact. 6. I'm vertically challenged; in other words, I'm short - get over it!7. I'm Zambian. 8. I'm natural.9. I'm very giving. 10. My little sister says I got the juice - I asked her what that means and she said, 'it means you are 'it', you got your crap together.’ I don't know about all that.11. Bright colors make me happy but my absolute favorite is purple. 12. I don't like going out on the weekends, I'm more than happy to stay home in bed.13. I’m a kid at heart; I love animation movies - How to Train a Dragon and Kung Fu Panda are my favorite movies. 14. I'm not a big fan of food but I love to cook and Kevin loves to eat :-).15. I love going to church. 17. I hardly watch TV.18. I love to travel. 19. I sing ALL the time.20. I sleep with the covers over my head - my sister says it's because I'm afraid of cats; that's a stupid theory. 21. I love dancing, especially to African music.23. I do my own hair but I absolutely hate doing other people’s hair. 24. I’ve lived Lusaka, Nairobi, London and New York.
- I love all kinds of music – you will find gospel, African, Hindi, R&B, love songs, Hip-Hop, instrumentals, etc., on my phone. There’s always a perfect song for every mood.
- I don’t watch scary movies; I’ve been told I’m terrified of even the dumbest stuff.
- I don’t like gardening, the sound of dirt/sand just irks me.
- I hate talking on the phone so I ignore 90% of my calls; just text me.
- I have a smart mouth (it’s a family thing) but you won’t know this unless you know me well
- I’m very compassionate - seeing someone cry will make me cry.
I love how effortless this SheIn maxi dress is. It does not require much as the style is simply elegant. I wore it previously to an Awards show last year. I also took pictures in it during the fall (see the previous here). It’s the perfect occasion dress that can be worn to any fancy event such as a wedding. The gold sandals from Public Desire were the perfect heels to complete the look.
Thank you all for stopping by! Make sure to subscribe to the blog via email so you can receive posts directly to your inbox.